Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend Recap

So, friday I told everyone at work I would be writing and doing my stupid re-do on my project this weekend...which was completed by 11AM Saturday morning.

So I did a lot of nothing - which was very enjoyable.

Then I went out to dinner with redshimna. We went to Haiku, which is a cute sushi place across the street from Pad Thai, on S. 2nd. The food was good. Tokeyo Mandarin is better, but it was worth going there. The waitress was a bit odd, kept trying to take the check - even before we'd paid!

On the way there, we passed a little street fair, and picked up the cutest little onesie for woodwindy's daughter Mina. It had a little flower fairy on it. It was funny because we both picked up the same onesie from different points of the table and went to show the other.

Found out that while walking 2-3 miles in heels is okay - doing it while any of the walk is cobblestone - not so much. Injured part of my foot. But, the injured part showed a good thing... my arches are rebuilding and aren't as fallen as they used to be. YAY for fencing!

Sunday I woke up late, and almost thought I wouldn't make faeriecon. But then redshimna said the line that got me jumping and moving: "You have to come, you have the onesie." Anybody who knows me - insert hysterical laughter here... my best friend already did!

We went to Fairiecon. Mina, woodwindy and redshimna all dressed up. Me, not so much. I wore lots of glitter on my face and did my hair up, so I at least tried to be in the spirit of things! Mina was "The Littlest Fairie", and looked so cute with her little outfit and pink sparkly wings. There is a very nice picture of me and her floating out there somewhere. I hope it comes to me eventually. (hint hint hint!)

Ended the day with some kick ass gaming. And all was good!

Today went fast. Everythign was happening at 10x the regular speed at work. I wish more days could be like this.

Then, my cell phone broke. As the emergency contact for 2 teenagers, this is NOT good. So I skipped fencing to get my phone fixed...which they couldn't do. SO... since it was time for me to upgrade anyway, I got a new phone, car charger, regular charger, belt clip, and blue tooth, as the accessories with my new not PoS cell phone. I got $50 off, so the total came to $67. WOOT! (It was either that, or they replace it with the same PoS phone for $50. I figured the extra $17 was worth it. :) - although this is a tight month and I was trying not to spend ANY extra money. Oh well... life throws curves sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home