Saturday, July 28, 2007

Oy!

Went to karaoke to get some practice before my audition tomorrow. 1) when practicing to sing a broadway style tune - Country and pop is BAD - I'm a mezzo, I slipped down to an alto two and couldn't get out of there. AHHHH *owww*

Sat with friends. Got a really nice compliment from OS. He said I looked like a french violinist. I was like WOW thanks! Now that's a compliment I'll respond to.

So, he's not the creepy guy.

So...

At the end of the night, I'm throwing away the remains of my dinner and this dude, who I thought was creepy guy 1 all night and then realized his tattoos were different, comes up to me and says:

CG2: You're really cute.

Me: Thanks. *smile*

Introductions ensue. Then...

CG2: You're really pretty.

His sister joins in (she's an intricate part of the conversations) - Sister = S.

S: She is gorgeous. Doesn't she remind you of Lucille?

CG2: Yea, kind of in the face.

S: And Lucille used to dress like that too. And talk like this. Always very polite. Lucille was a good girl. Too bad she died so young.

Me: Well thank you. (I think)

CG2: So.. you're pretty... I mean... Sorry... you... see I'm an idiot. I just... I"m a idiot. (imagine southern hillbilly accent)

Me: It's okay. *smile*

CG2: I just can't talk to ladies. I'm so shy.

Me: It's okay. *looking for exit*

CG2: I've been looking at you since you came in.

Me: Oh? (really? I didn't notice you gawking)

CG2: I saw you looking at me

Now, as I said earlier that was because I thought he was Creepy Guy 1

Me: Yea.

CG2: Do you think I'm a good looking guy?

Me: You're okay.

CG2: *smiles* So, you're good looking and I'm good looking. We should get together. Can I have you're number?

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I'VE HEARD THIS LOGIC!!! WHERE DOES IT COME FROM!!!???!!!

Me: No.

CG2: Why?

Me: I dont' give my number out on the first meeting.

S: He's a good boy. You should give him your number.

Me: No.

S: Why?

Me: Too many bad experiences.

S: Smart girl.

CG2: Do you want kids?

Me: No.

CG2: Are you sure you don't want kids?

Me: Yes.

CG2: You're lying. You want kids.

Me: No.

CG2: Really? Okay, well how far from now do you want kids?

Me: Never.

CG2: Really? That's great. But, why don't you want kids?

Me: Don't like them.

CG2: Well I have 2 kids and I don't want anymore.

Me: Ok.

CG2: Come on, you want kids.

Me: No

(Conversation continues for 5 more minutes)

End of the night comes.

CG2: Let me walk you out.

Me: Okay

(There are a bunch of people leaving at that time so we walk out in a crowd)

Outside:

CG2: Are you jewish?

Me: No.

CG2: You're jewish, ain't ya?

Me: No.

CG2: Oh, don't lie to me. You're Jewish.

Me: No.

CG2: You sure?

Me: Yea, I'm sure. (cuz ya know, you not know)

CG2: Nah, You're Jewish.

Me: No, I'm not.

(Repeat entire jewish conversation twice)

CG2: Well then what are you? If you're really not Jewish?

Me: *pause as my brain is screaming: DON"T SAY PAGAN!*

CG2: See, you're Jewish.

Me: No, I"m not.

CG2: Then what are ya?

Me: Agnostic

CG2: That's not even a word. Now come on. If you're not Jewish what religion are ya?

Me: (thinking: oh now I'm screwed) Let's just say I"m not Jewish.

CG2: Ok. He belches - uncovered. Then puts his hand on my shoulder and laughs.

I'm like 'get off'. And I do shake his hand off me.

S: Hey, I know a lot about the government. I"ve been researching it for 3 years and I could tell you things that would make your skin crawl.

Me: There is a lot they don't tell us.

S: What do you think of Bush.

Me: He's okay. Less of the two evils

S: I voted Kerry.

Me: I voted Nadar.

S: Oh... well if you ever want to know about Bush, you and me we gotta talk. Can I have your phone number?


Me: No.

S: I'm not giving it to him. I really want to know. I want to talk to you. I like you.

Me: No.

S: Don't you have a business card on you?

Me: No. Well I have to go. I have work in the morning.

CG2: What do you do?

Me: HR

CG2: REALLY? (okay, at least he knew what HR was, in comparison to CG1)

Me: Yea

(we exchange what he does, what I do, and no I can't get his sister a full time job)

S: I hate working part time. My brother and me, we're hard workers.

Me: I'm sure you are.

S: I'm working PT at McDonalds and I hate it, but it's better than not working.

Me: Yes it is.

S: My brother has a gift god gave him. He's a roofer and does floors and all types of things. He has his own business and is really good at it.

CG2: I make about 100K a year.

Me: Good for you.

S: We're hard workers, and we've been workign hard all our lives. It's how we were raised. Hey, do you remember hussling when we was kids?

CG2: *looking slightly embarassed* Yea

S: I mean we were always doing it right, and everything was legal, but we did what we had to to make money. Nothing dishonest.

Me: I understand you have to do what you have to do. And I have to go.

I start to leave, but get stopped by OS and P. P is another karaoke friend. Damn. Now the 5 of us are in a conversation.

CG2: Are you Catholic?

Me: No.

CG2: And you have long hair? You must be Catholic.

Me: No.

CG2: You go to church?

Me: No.

CG2: Oh. You know you come across as a snob.

Me: Okay

CG2: You look like one too.

Me: Okay.

CG2: I mean you're a real nice girl and all,b ut you come across snobby.

Me: Good.

CG2: You know i don't care about money. If that's important to you I dont' play those games and you can just go.

Me: Sounds good. Money is very important to me, and this means we're not a good match. So you can stop trying to get my number, because you're not going to get it.

CG2: Well that's not what I meant. I can support you.

Me: I don't care. Looks are everything in my profession, and I have spent a LOT of money to acheive this look. All that's important to me is thriving in my current field and I will do what it takes to do that.

S: She's an independant woman. She doesn't need a guy. She can take care of her own.

Me: She's right.

CG2: (looking depressed) Oh.

OS has figured out the problem, and is trying to get them to go so I can go home. They start talking business. And finally FINALLY, OS gets the chance to walk me to my car

S: *running after us yelling* ARE YOU A LAWYER? I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU"RE A LAWYER!!!

OS asked me out to dinner. I gave him a hug, no kiss, and I told him 'we'll see'. I doubt it. But, he's a nice guy, so we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home