Monday, July 10, 2006

Whoo HOO

Yesterday was totally awesome - the only way it would have been awsomer is if someone else came with me!

Okay firstly - got to the train station - and paid $20 for parking because I didin't have 3 singles on me! *harumph!* But now I have a bunch of parking tokens for the hamilton train station. Then it took so long to get a ticket (20 min) I missed the initial train I wanted! *oops*

Made a local 'friend' on the train. You know the caliber of people who usually say 'hey I like her - she's a nice complete stranger!' Massive depressive/destructive personality with a daughter and husband with depression and rage issues. *Oh goody*

Got to NYC walked 5 blocks in the exact wrong direction. Then walked another 7 blocks in the RIGHT direction - and wound up only having a $7 cab fare. Got to the event a little late - but so did most people!

Nice turn out - about 20 people. The only other person who had traveled further was peter from An Tir. Very very nice (and cute) and approachable Dance Laurel. I was like - wow you exist? (yes, I said it. Those of you in the dance community know that most dance laurels are pr-icks!) I said MOST. Master Arden (though I think his is for being the knower of musicy things) and a few others are the exception - at least to the ones I've found.

We danced from 3:30 - when I got there, until 10:15. 20 dances in all. And I danced with just about everyone. Don Alexander was pheomenal to dance with. Peter - of course - was a BLAST! All flirty and fun and proper and *sigh* He reminded me a lot of what Elron 20 years earlier probably would have been like. And of course Wilhelm was there - and sicne I thought it bad form to DECK your partner I hit behind my mask quite often. Conandil and I got on quite well - don't know what that's all about. Danced with Keith/Gideon, fun as always. Thomas- the dance master. Nice guy - good dancer - VERY intense - I think pictures were taken. Danced with Llewellyn - very cool. Met his wife - thanks guys I didnt' know Tom was married! And then we get into the range of people I didn't know.

Got a ride to penn station - at which time my train was boarding and took a straight shot home. I was home by 1AM. I loved it. Must train into the city more. And for $18.50 round trip, and only $3 parking. Well damn! Heck I'm done paying for parking!!! at least for 5 more trips!

Oh, yes and an Alice in Wonderland Reference was made! My day was set!

Later all~

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandie said...

Glad you had so much fun! Hopping a train sounds like a great way to get to the city quickly and, of course, you get to sleep on the way home! lol

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home