Sunday, March 26, 2006

Interesting weekend

Well I had an interesting day... well weekend really. So here's how it goes.Friday I had someone pick up my loveseat and entertainment unit. Very nice lady, and her best friend. They even helped me get set up, and helped me change a lightbulb that I can't reach! I then went to a friends house to hang out. He'd received some really bad news, and I wanted to be there for him...even if I was late. (the lady didnt' show until 9:30P)

Then yesterday I had a fun day of doing NOTHING. :) I had people over in the afternoon/evening. And then a bunch of us went to Ulana's where we were told that Ulana (owner of the club) had been awarded the position of diplomat for the state of PA. Hope that doesn't affect the club - but WAY frelling cool for her. Also, I got to see Patrick Rodgers of Dancing Ferret (and the goth community) be presented with a certificate from the mayor of Philly. That was frelling AWE-SOME!!! AND Patrick was caught flat footed. An exceedingly rare occurance. But it was good to see him there. He doesn't come to Ulana's much - he used to, but I'm sure he's got other things keeping him busy. Patrick is what we call gothic royalty. Not only is he one of the most respected figures in the goth community - he's earned it. And not by my goth's blacker than your goth either. Here's more info on him: http://www.darkecho.com/darkecho/archives/rodgers_ferret.html

Unfortunatly my knee 'gave out'. If you know my history with my knees I"ll just say my Stromberg's kicked in. And my knee was none too pleased. I wound up having to spend the night at a friends house, because the choice was sleep there - or sleep in the car, because my knee would have totally frozen by the time I got home, and there would have been no peeling me out of the car.

So I went to Footlighters today. I got to watch the Trial of Goldilocks from the tech box, and ran the lighting for the 2nd show. Of course, in all actuality that meant, I pushed a button when Andrew told me to. And we still were 1 behind. I'm not sure when that happened - but he said it happens. I was also invited to the cast party, and have a playbill with my name in it as one of the costumers. Cool beans :)Most people were very nice. I'm going to try to make it to the into the woods practice tomorrow - after the massage I'm giving. I just have to double check with Butch.

Then after that I went home to shower, change, eat and print out my ticket to see George Carlin tonight. My printer ran out of ink. I had 45 minutes until I had to leave. So I ran to office max - which was closed. Apparently they close at 5 on Sunday. So I ran to Target where I paid double for the ink. (Usually I pay $20, I paid $40). I ran home, printed the ticket - ate 10 chicken nuggets in 3 minutes (I know I watched the clock) then saw George Carlin.

He did great political and social satire, but his his humor was downright crass a lot of times. I like the old him better. And that sucks - because I've wanted to see him for 14 years. But at least I got to see him. And he was funny at least part of the time. He did some of his old routines, and some of his new stuff (including the political satire) was hysterical. Dennis Blair opened for him. This guy is a hoot. The dude sitting next to me, who tried to pick me up (like including walking me to my car) says that he has a few cd's out there. I'm going to have to pick him up. Great comedy. Good singer. Plays bass. Cute... wait, not where I wanted to go with this!

So now I"m home, heating up the rest of my dinner. I hope a warmed up baked potato isn't too bad. I'll watch a little harry potter, and go to sleepies. Maybe get a little studying in, but I figure that'll be what I do between 5-5:30 tomorrow, then the massage, then footlighters (maybe I'll bring it to footlighters) then I'll do some homework.And then an hour of painting at footlighters on Tuesday, before fencing. And then possibly after sushi on wednesday. Sheesh.I may have to cancel one or both of those days - but we'll see. I'm going to try not to, but like I said we'll see - okay I'm goign to go eat my reheated potato now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandie said...

It's amazing how your posts are just like talking to you . . . everything just rambles in it's own quirky way to get to what you want to say. I love it! Keep blogging!

Sandie

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home