Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dates

It dawned on me that I haven't been posting the recent dates here. So I figured I'd bring you up to speed quick.

This Weekend:

'Yay! Water!'

Friday I was up all night updating my website. YAY! http://www.originsofplayforddance.com

Saturday I got my packages from FedEx and the post office. I have to learn just to send things to work.

Then D and I met my friend marchoops and her boy down at Cape May. I had forgotten my swimsuit so - with lots of support from marchoops and D - I bought a bikini and cute little wrap. I was surprised by two things. One how utterly COMFORTABLE I was and two, how well it held up as we swam in the ocean. Finally! I have met someone who loves the water as much - if not more - than I do. :) I didn't think that it was possible.

We even got to see DOLPHINS! Whole pods! They were jumping, and swimming, and doing the splashy things with their tails. This was the first time I could see them without glasses. It was full of awesome!

Then we came back to my place and I cooked dinner - (my favorite quick and dirty meal: herb stuffed steak, with corn, and biscuts).

This morning we got lunch at my favorite cheese-steak joint: Slacks Hoagie Shack. And neither of us got cheese steaks. Heck, I only got two appetisers. They give a LOT of food. And I knew there was no way I could eat an entire cheese-steak.

We saw Burn After Reading. It was good, though not what I was expecting. I thought it would be more of a Spies like us type of movie. Instead it followed an intricate web of several different people - and has a good lesson: mind your own business, it's safer. It was funny and a bit Being John Malcovich ish. There were a few twists and turns I wasn't expecting. And the guy who places the shrink on Law and Order has the best one liners.

Tonight, I'm having sushi with my friend T. It's been a long while since we had a good hang out.

It's been a really good weekend. :)


Last Weekend:
Friday I went out with John, Chelle, and Edward. We went to fudruckers, where I had a fudruckers burger for the first time since I was 10. I'm impressed. They're very good. Usually I just get their fries because I remember not liking their burgers, and that they would fill me up too quickly. The 1/3 lb was just right, though it did fill me up quickly so that I couldn't completely enjoy the fries. But, that's okay. It was a really good burger!

Afterwards, we went to see the Dark Knight. It was really freaky. And, even though he's dead, I think Heath Ledger should receive an award for the role. It was superb. And, of course, Christian Bale and Gary Oldman made the movie. Large amounts of wow. It did make me kind of sad though. Having nothing to do with the movie. The loss of Heath Ledger really bugs me. He did such wonderful things for all sorts of people, and was a brillant handsome young actor to boot. So so sad.

Saturday the four of us headed up to barleycorn. Unfortunatly, it was really wet and humid... hot in the day, yicky in the evening. If I had been smarter, I would have brought my homework. I didn't want to move. I spoke to a few friends and put in bids (though didn't win anything) during the auction for the Royal travel fund.

Finally got to thank Rachel, for a very kind and honest talk she had with me at war. It changed my life for the better, and made me feel like I wasn't so alone and not everything in life had to be so extreme.

Unfortunatly, I forgot to tell Ed &Chelle that Rachel was receiving her AOA at court. I sort of remembered that she had to be there, while she and I were talking, but it didn't dawn on me to pass it along. I didn't realize about William's until John told me at court. I may have known that too, but there were other more important things going on in my life, so it got forgotten.

But, it was cold, wet and rainy, so really, if John hadn't initiated the walk to court, I probably wouldn't have gone either.

Though the look on William's face when his name was called was priceless. I really wished I had brought my camera. Those would have been sublime pictures.

I was a little annoyed at feast. William &Rachel, Heather, Judith, John, and myself were supposed to sit together. Yet again, the group got separated. John & I sat with very friendly total strangers. It's a good way to make friends, but we were told that the 6 of us would hang out between removes... I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that we didn't. But, it was still disappointing.

Dancing afterwards was nice. Good friends. And good memories - including getting prompted to teach Gracca and translating. Rachel prompted me with the steps, I taught them in english (mostly) so that others could do the dance, even when they didn't know the 16th century steps by name.

I didnt' realize that Rachel and I worked so well together. It was really refreshing.

We left late, and John was able to drive us out of the city...thank goodness. Then he took me up on my offer to take over. I needed a vivrin and some pepsi, and Edward to talk to me... but I was awake and able to drive us back to my place. And, John got some much needed rest. It's nice that his car handles like my Nissan used to, so it really wasn't difficult to drive... not like when my friends say "Here drive my 4x4/SUV."


Labor day weekend:
I had a great! weekend. I had a total girls night on friday with wobbleyweeble where we both dyed our hair different color reds. Mine is more like a red frost. Her's is very 80's rocker-ish, where it looks almost black in the shade, then a dark cherry red when the light hits it. Whoo hoo!

Saturday, I got together with Ed and went to NYC. We went to the Met and looked around. And then to the Natural history museum where I saw REAL stradivari... stradivarius's... whatever... 3 There were THREE!!! I still get all happy and jumpy and giddy when I think of them. I mean how can you not? THREE!!!!

Then I saw John and went out for dinner that night. It was a very nice night. We hung out at his place, which was AWESOME! Not only did we watch Dogma, which I like thinking of as the nicer version of Constantine, but between having more books than most library's and the COOLEST lego collection I have ever seen... I was in Mecca. :) It makes me want to take out my Lego's and play again. Actually I'm looking at them now... I may have to just on principle.

Sunday I had a few hours of 'me' time, where I took - and failed an exam. I am currently arguing with my school because I'm certain that while not an A, I certainly passed with a C.

I went shopping for K-man's birthday present, where I had way too much fun shopping. WAY too much fun.

I went to gaming, but wound up having a few hours of 'girl time' with one of the players wives instead. Then I left early and hung out with D. We watched Serenity, and he burned me a copy of my favorite CD (used to be my favorite casette) since it's out of print now. I'm SO excited! I have been looking for this CD for over 7 years. I can't stop listening to it. It's like an addition. THANK YOU!!!!

Monday we went to K man's birthday party. We had a really good time. It was great seeing everyone, and finding out interesting information on friends I've had for a while. Honestly, if we didn't have to work the next day, I could have seen us staying much later. It was just so comfortable.


That's it for now.

But next weekend he's taking me to Cirque du Soliel. We're staying over night in princeton and then going to the Scottish Festival at the Renn Faire. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home